Dal 1° Febbraio 2016 sono ricercatore (rtd-a) di petrologia e petrografia (ssd Geo07), presso il Dipartimento di Geoscienze dell’Università di Padova. Mi occupo di metamorfismo di alta temperatura e formazione di magmi granitici. Attualmente le principali aree di studio sono Alpi, Cordigliera Betica, Himalaya e Sudafrica. Per la mia ricerca integro osservazioni di campagna, osservazioni al microscopio, analisi di laboratorio, petrologia sperimentale e modellizzazione termodinamica.
- date of birth: 01-04-1983 at Reggio Emilia (Italy)
- 2008: degree cum laude in Geological Sciences, Parma University, Italy
- 2012: PhD in Earth Sciences, Parma University, Italy
- 2012 - 2014: research fellow at Department of Geosciences, Padova University, Italy
- 2014: visiting researcher at Department of Earth Sciences, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH), Zurich, Switzerland
- 2014 - 2016: research fellow at Department of Geosciences, Padova University, Italy
- February 1st, 2016 - : assistant professor at Department of Geosciences, Padova University, Italy
- High temperature metamorphism and crustal melting
- Granite petrogenesis
- Melt inclusions in migmatites and granulites
- “Giuseppe Schiavinato Prize 2009” for the best italian thesis in mineralogical sciences with petrological applications awarded by Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei and the President of the Italian Republic
- European Intensive Seminars of Petrology Graduate Student Grant (2009), Granada, Spain
- European Intensive Seminars of Petrology Graduate Student Grant (2010), Padova, Italy
- Grant for young researchers awarded by SIMP-GeoItalia to attend EMC2012 (Frankfurt)
- Fellowship for a research stay abroad awarded by SIMP (2012)
- Grant for young researchers awarded by SIMP to attend the Goldschmidt Conference 2013 (Florence)
- Division Outstanding Young Scientists Award for the Division on Geochemistry, Mineralogy, Petrology & Volcanology awarded by EGU.
Grant support (me as leader of the project):
- Two-year “Senior Research Grant” (2014) awarded by Università of Padova
- Financial contribution to support innovative and excellent research awarded by Università of Padova. Project title: “NanoSIMS analysis of nanogranite inclusions”
- SIR2014 Grant (2015-2018) awarded by MIUR. Project title: “Carbon recycling during melting of the continental crust: implications for the long-term geochemical cycle (CARE)”
1 Garuti G., Bartoli O., Scacchetti M., Zaccarini F. (2008) – Geological setting and structural styles of Volcanic Massive Sulfide deposits in the northern Apennines (Italy): evidence for seafloor and sub-seafloor hydrothermal activity in unconventional ophiolites of the Mesozoic Tethys. Bol. Soc. Geolog. Mexicana, 60/1, 121-145.
2 Garuti G., Zaccarini F., Scacchetti M., Bartoli O. (2011) - The Pb-rich sulfide veins in the Boccassuolo ophiolite: implications for the geochemical evolution of hydrothermal activity across the ocean-continent transition in the Ligurian Tethys (Northern-Apennine, Italy). Lithos, 124, 243-254.
3 Cesare B., Acosta-Vigil A., Ferrero S. and Bartoli O. (2011) - Melt inclusions in migmatites and granulites. In: (Eds.) Marnie A. Forster and John D. Fitz Gerald, The Science of Microstructure – Part II, J. Virt. Explorer, 40, paper 2.
4 Ferrero S., Bartoli O., Cesare B., Salvioli-Mariani E., Acosta-Vigil A., Cavallo A., Groppo C., Battiston S. (2012) - Microstructures of melt inclusions in anatectic metasedimentary rocks. J. Met. Geology, 30, 303-322.
5 Esposito E., Klebesz R., Bartoli O., Klyukin Y.I., Moncada D., Doherty A. and Bodnar R.J. (2012) - Application of the Linkam TS1400XY heating stage to melt inclusion studies. Cent.l Europ. J. Geosc., 4/2, 208-218.
6 Bartoli O., Cesare B., Poli S., Bodnar R.J., Acosta-Vigil A., Frezzotti M.L., Meli S. (2013) – Recovering the composition of melt and the fluid regime at the onset of crustal anatexis and S-type granite formation. Geology, 41, 115-
7 Bartoli O., Meli S., Sassi R., Magaraci D. (2013) – Amphiboles and clinopyroxenes from Euganean (NE Italy) cumulus enclaves: evidence of subduction-related melts below Adria microplate. Rend. Lincei, 24, 151-161
8 Bartoli O., Cesare B., Poli S., Acosta-Vigil A., Esposito R., Turina A., Bodnar R.J., Angel R.J., Hunter J. (2013) – Nanogranite inclusions in migmatitic garnet: behavior during piston cylinder re-melting experiments. Geofluids, 13, 405-420.
9 Bartoli O., Tajčmanová L., Cesare B., Acosta-Vigil A. (2013) – Phase equilibria constraints on melting of stromatic migmatites from Ronda (S Spain): insights on the formation of peritectic garnet. J. Met. Geology, 31, 775-789
10 Bartoli O., Cesare B., Remusat L., Acosta-Vigil A., Poli S. (2014) – The H2O content of granite embryos. EPSL, 395, 281-290.
11 Barich A., Acosta-Vigil A, Garrido J. C., Cesare B., Tajcmanova L., Bartoli O. (2014) – Microstructures and petrology of melt inclusions in the anatectic sequence of Jubrique (Betic Cordillera, S Spain): implications for crustal anatexis. Lithos, 206-207, 303-320
12 Acosta-Vigil A., Rubatto D., Bartoli O., Cesare B., Meli S., Pedrera A., Azor A., Tajčmanová L. (2014) – Age of anatexis in the crustal footwall of the Ronda peridotites, S Spain. Lithos, 210-211, 147-167
13 Bartoli O., Meli S., Bergomi M.A., Sassi R., Magaraci D., Liu D.-Y (2015) – Geochemistry and zircon U-Pb geochronology of magmatic enclaves in trachytes from the Euganean Hills (NE Italy): further constraints on Oligocene magmatism in the eastern Southern Alps. EJM, 27, 161/174
14 Bartoli O., Acosta-Vigil A., Cesare B. (2015) – High-temperature metamorphism and crustal melting: working with melt inclusions. Per. Mineral., 84, 3B, 591-614
15 Cesare B., Acosta-Vigil A., Bartoli O., Ferrero S. (2015) – What can we learn from melt inclusions in migmatites and granulites ? Lithos, 239, 186-216